IP/ Networking Team Leader
DURATION: 1 year renewable
WORKING CYCLE: based on rotations: 6 weeks on-site / 6 weeks off
CLEARANCE: NATO SECRET
SUBJECT / SCOPE
GLOBAL Technologies is contracted by its main client to install, operate and maintain Communication and Information Services (CIS) in Afghanistan under Resolute Support project (RS).
For this challenging project, we are looking for a skilled IP Administrator responsible for:
• Network equipment administration and monitoring:
o IP equipment: switches, routers, COSMEC equipment (TCE), Firewalls.
o IP services: FMV, VoSIP, VTC.
o Some TCE management tasks, the overall management being handled by NATO (NITC). The IP Administrator can detect TCE failure upon IP tunnel failure, coordinates the keys generation between NITC and FT, but does not generate TCE keys (NITC).
• Incident resolution and related tasks (support, escalation, problem investigation)
• Network changes application.
• Escalate to the back office expertise teams in case of high severity incident or recurrent problem
• Management of the team administrator
o Coordination of the resolution actions of the team
o Follow up of the activity and performance
o Ensure the proper organization of the group, particularly for night shifts or extended hours shifts
• Reporting to the FO SDM and/or to the back office on a regular basis, particularly weekly report on the team activity
• Ensure the support to the village on the related scope of activity
• Upon network incident detection, or end-user TT (Incident or Service request) received from User Support Group,
o Solve the incident:
- Handle appropriate remote network configuration
- And/or trigger FT for a Level 1 corrective maintenance intervention on-site
- And/or trigger Commissioner (or DSF team leader if ancillaries issue) for a Level 2 corrective maintenance intervention on-site
- And/or escalate to OSQ Level 3 support in case of problem
o For an end-user TT, check with end-user the TT issue is fixed, and set the TT to fixed state
• Weekly report (significant facts) towards Coms Group team leader
• Carry out problems investigation with OSQ support.
• Apply to the network the Software Changes, upon Team leader’s request:
o Coordinate between NITC and FT for TCE management (TCE key change, TCE trouble shooting, TCE inventory, TCE firmware upgrade, TCE/KOI Battery replacement, TCE/KOI Replacement, TCE installation)
• Teams management experience in a technical context.
• 2 to 3 years of experience in Military context / Export and harsh conditions
• Fluent English
• At least 5 years’ experience in Network or Administration:
o IP Network Technology, including telephony and security: Level 2-3 (high skilled expert)
o CISCO routers: Level 2-3 (high skilled expert)