INT-CORE System Engineer
- Renske Wester
LOCATION: Kabul, Afghanistan
DURATION: 6 months with possible extensions
SALARY: Negotiable daily rate
- Act as leading technical advisor guiding the key decision makers by coordinating, planning, capturing requirements, conducting functional analysis, and producing solutions which promoted interoperability between large-scale C2 and C5I high-availability systems
- Providing BI strategic support to customers for the anticipation of requirements following customers’ long-term goals
• University Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or related discipline, and 4 years IT-related experience or a Higher Secondary education and completed advanced vocational training in that discipline leading to a professional qualification or professional accreditation with 4 years post related.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of command and control (C2) systems.
• Experience in software engineering and tools for project management and requirement capture (e.g. DOORS, Enterprise Architect), incl. UML based Requirements Engineering tools,
• Knowledge and practical experience of and familiar with Extensible Markup Language (XML) for transformation of structured data,
• Broad knowledge and experience of software design methodologies (e.g. Object Oriented Analysis and Design),
• Sound knowledge of the capabilities and features of network architectures and high-availability information or command & control systems.
• At least 3 years experience as a System Analyst/Programmer,
• Practical experience in the use of modern concepts and accepted industry standards for project management and
• Practical experience in the use of modern concepts and accepted industry standards for configuration management, quality assurance and testing,
• Practical experience in the use of Relational Database Management Systems (e.g. PostGreSQL, ORACLE)
• Sound Practical Experience with modern software design methodologies, e.g. Object Oriented Analysis and Design, including knowledge about types of middleware and/or associated products (e. g. Microsoft BizTalk, relational databases and non-procedural database query languages (e.g. MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, SQL), the use of tools for project management, CASE and automated testing in object oriented programming environment, using graphical tools for XML transformation and data mapping (e.g. Altova MapForce) Visual Studio.NET.
• Sound Practical Experience is defined as having at least 10 years practical (hands-on) experience on a professional (not just in theory) level in the field of software development and related areas (requirements engineering, documentation, software development, Configuration Management, and quality assurance)
• Proficiency in database design in Relational DBMSs (e.g. MS SQL Server, Oracle), Using programming languages (e.g. C++, C#).
• Proficiency means at least the last 10 years active on an operational and professional database design level which includes database design, programming, and software maintenance. This incorporates software development, programming, and alteration processes.
• Experience with maintenance of software applications hosted on WINDOWS 2000/XP/2003 and UNIX operating systems
• Experience means at least 6 years experience of software maintenance for WINDOWs and UNIX based applications - on an above average level - are required.
• Experience in Web deployment and JAVA applications
• Experience means at least 6 years experience of WEB based development and deployment - on an above average level - are required. This includes software alterations based on JAVA programming language.