Document & Help Engineer
- Renske Wester
LOCATION: Mons, Belgium
DURATION: 6 months with possible extensions
SALARY: Negotiable daily rate
WORK HOURS: Monday to Friday, normal working hours
CLEARANCE: NATO Secret
The contractor shall support the NSII Ops Service Manager to provide the CIS Service to the NCISG according to the terms of the SLA. These tasks would include, but are not limited to:
• Management of the fault rectification process between level 3 and 4, NCI Agency to Industry.
• Assisting the transition of CIS services from the procurement phase into the in-service phase of the lifecycle assisting in the configuration management, change management and implementation management processes for CIS systems;
• Monitoring the availability of the CIS service through co-ordination with NCI Agency SMC SL;
• Coordinating with the Agency Software Asset Manager (SAM) and Hardware Asset Manager (HAM) to ensure all NCISG in-garrison CIS assets are managed in accordance with the NCI Agency IT Asset Management (ITAM) process;
• Coordination and managing the cross service line engineering support;
• Assisting the Management of the service requests from submission through to fulfilment;
• Performing ad hoc tasks related to Service Area responsibilities
• The individual must:
- Have at least 5 years demonstrable experience as a manager in an IT organization in the field of service provision;
- Demonstrate fluency in both spoken and written English.
• Essential qualifications:
- Higher secondary education with 5 years of experience in the IT industry;
- Demonstrate a technical knowledge and experience of modern IT and communication systems including Satellite, I.P. Networking, I.T. security, Voice over IP, IT management applications, Windows server and common office desktop applications;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of IT service management processes following the ITIL standard.
• Desirable qualifications:
- ITIL Foundation; - Experience in military communications systems; - Related field experience in operation, administration and maintenance of military communication systems;
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
• Soft Skills:
- Ability to navigate, influence and negotiate with all levels of the organization, business partners, customers and users;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to be concise in both written and verbal communications;
- Team work skills specific to international environment comprising both military and civilian personnel.