Assistant Conference Services and Student Accommodation
LOCATION: Oeiras, Portugal
DURATION: End of this year with possible extensions
SALARY: Negotiable daily rate
CLEARANCE: NATO Secret
STARTING DATE: September 2019
• Assist and support the Principal Assistant (Team Lead CMCS) in maintaining the Conference Services portal;
• Liaison with local hotels on agreements for student and visitor accommodation;
• Prepare and distribute information packages for customers;
• Assist the Principal Assistant (Team Lead CMCS) with the development of registration sites for onsite conferences and events;
• Assist the Principal Assistant (Team Lead CMCS) for the following services: accommodation, transportation for participants, facilities, signage, additional conference requirements;
• Assist in coordination of catering/hospitality functions requirement for events including liaison with catering staff;
• Liaise, in coordination with the Principal Assistant (Team Lead CMCS), between customers and Creative Media Conference Services for all graphic, media and print requirements;
• Ensure that an adequate supply of support material is on hand for each meeting and or conference;
• Maintain the NCI Agency conference room booking system;
• Coordinate with contract cleaning staff to ensure conference rooms are ready for use;
• Provide support during onsite conferences and events, e.g. hosting, onsite registration process, information desk services;
• Support the Principal Assistant (Team Lead CMCS) with specific conference action plans from inception through completion.
• Secondary education and basic training in business administration, public administration or related discipline for specific task related skills, with some 2-3 years of post-related experience;
• Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets;
• Basic knowledge of graphic presentations;
• Advanced knowledge of databases.
• Prior conference coordination or event planning experience.
• Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements
• Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT.